We’d like to see if you can design a simple, well-designed interface for your prototype application.
What is required from you?
Develop a single page web application in which users can upload a photo, draw a message on their photo (using more than one color), and then display the edited photo in an online gallery.
This application should work on mobile devices using touch-based input (that is, you should be able to draw on a photo using a finger). Try to design a solution that allows the user to create beautiful drawings easily and incorporate or encourage playful interaction between users.
Host the application on Heroku or a platform of your choice and submit the code for the entire application via a public Github repo.
Document the choices and assumptions you make in designing the architecture of your app in your README.md.
Want to view additional resources for this question? Please 'Apply' for this question and we'll show you the available resources.
You can submit your response after you 'Apply' to this question. Go ahead and prove yourself to the hiring manager!
We are committed to having a meritocratic and transparent hiring process.
In order to proceed to the next stage of the interview process, we want to make sure that you are genuinely excited about Adobe's Experience Design team and are able to solve the types of challenges we face.
If you are, please start this application by taking the challenge so that the hiring managers at Adobe can evaluate your key competencies before the interview.
At Adobe, we’re changing the world. How?
We give people the tools to bring their ideas to life and create content that makes life more fun and work more meaningful. We give businesses and organizations the power to truly engage their customers. We're the ones behind the gorgeously designed content that streams across your laptop, TV, phone, and tablet every day—and we’re the ones who harness the massive power of big data to help companies move from data to insight and insight to action by delivering content that people crave most.
We’re a company that understands that product innovation comes from people innovation, and that’s why we invest in cultivating leaders throughout the organization. If you’re passionate about leading from where you sit, join us.
The challenge The Studio team within Adobe’s Experience Design (XD) group exists to identify untapped potential and help set the future direction of user experience at Adobe. We are looking for a developer with a passion for design, technology, human-computer interaction and building forward-thinking user experiences.
In this role you'll be working directly with other designers, developers and business strategists to prototype concepts and designs for new products.
-You will scout for, discuss and build new technologies that have the potential to revolutionize content creation and communication.
- You will work directly with designers to “think through making,” help Adobe identify sources of disruption, and set the future direction of its business and the industry at large.
A day in the life of Adobe's Experience Design Team
This is a unique position with many facets, and we’re looking for someone willing explore a wide variety of technologies – from multi-touch to communications protocols to augmented reality to computer graphics.
This is a rare opportunity to work within a design-led organization to help build a new generation of creative tools at Adobe. If you're an ambitious creative technologist looking for a challenge, we want to hear form you.
What you’ll do
• Work closely with a cross-functional team of designers, developers and program managers to make new product visions a reality
• Build native mobile and desktop applications for iOS, OS X and Windows
• Create and maintain test suites for new products in development
• Regularly review code from other developers
• Validate new product features, review and write documentation, and confirm bug fixes
• Work directly with customers to understand needs and problems, including occasional travel to customer locations for installation and troubleshooting
• Investigate and assess relevant emerging technologies (hardware and software) relevant to initiatives and projects within the group
What you need to succeed
• A passion for high-quality, detail-focused user experiences and design
• Proficiency in Java or C-based programming languages (C, C++, Objective-C or C#)
• Familiarity with Git or similar version control systems
• Flexibility and willingness to work on a variety of projects
• Experience with software development for iOS and/or Mac OS X using Cocoa
• Experience with Windows Store (“Metro”) application development for Windows 8
• Experience in web-based software development using MVC frameworks such as Backbone.js or Angular
• Experience with massively-multitouch software development using any technology (TUIO, Microsoft PixelSense, etc.)
• Experience with connected hardware using Bluetooth 4.0 or similar technologies
• Knowledge of graphic design, typography and color theory
Adobe is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.